I started running again. Just a little bit each time, but I am doing it. It's been about 3 weeks and I am feeling great. My knees feel good and when I am done, other than being hot pink in the face for 2 hours, I feel great. I am not having trouble breathing and everything is ticking along like it should. My new goal is to, by the end of April, be able to run a 5k in 32 minutes. I think I am pretty close.
I thought I would never run again because of my knees and the fear I had that running would just completely annihilate them. But one night I felt this urge to try. It spoke to me. I am beginning to think that it was my sanity with a cry for help. Last night I ran 2 miles,walked a half ran 2 more walked a half and felt like I might have 3 more in me. As my kids get older and Bobbys schedule gets crazier and crazier I need this. I need this like grass needs rain. It just feels good. I guess that is all that matters. I don't think I will be entering any races anytime soon. The physical therapist I had pretty much told me I would never run outside again without big consequences and I am okay with that. I might try running on the bike path because I heard it was a little more cushy than the street. Wish me luck! I feel good and my sanity is returning.
No comments:
Post a Comment