This past week or so has been a real discovery week for me. I have been rejected from the program I want so terribly and I decided to cut back my hours at work(as if I work so many)and now have no classroom for the Fall. I feel kind of at a crossroads. I love having the possibility of being more involved at the kids schools and functions because of less working hours, but then I feel like I not "contributing" to the household this way. I still want to continue my education, hopefully whatever kept me out of that program won't keep me out of another. Ideally I would like my Summer and Fall to proceed as this:
1. Take a break from working with kids and work in another department at the YMCA. Less hours and grown up conversation are exactly what I need for now.
2. Get my school squared away and at least see if I can get my Masters in psychology.
3. Grow my hair long
4.Keep running (hopefully the weather will be better than today, the day I DID NOT run in the first race of the season.)
5.And last but not least, be able to wiggle my nose like Samantha Stevens from Bewitched so I can save money on gas.
Obviously some of my goals are attainable. Lets see which ones come to fruition.
But of all the things that bother me right now, stress me out to the point of no sleep, I am reminded of all the joy to be had in my daily life by watching my 3 kids with our newest addition to the family. This puppy may be a trial to me right now at night, but watching them love and learn form it is worth its weight in Gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment