Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bah-humbug

I don't think that I will ever understand why the holiday "season" must be such a rush. All I feel like I do is run around and prepare and attend and get and plan. I think the only one who can enjoy this season is the kids. They are the true beneficiaries of this preparation. This past weekend for Thanksgiving I washed and cleaned and cooked, then shopped and hid toys and made lists. Whew! Now I am hiding at the library because the house is too distracting and I am supposed to be studying. But what is my problem? All I can think of is the many things that I have to do for my kids/house/husband. Do this, be there, get ready for that... it never seems to end. NOW I understand why people go away for the ENTIRE 2 weeks of Christmas break vacation instead of staying at home. There is no work on vacation. You pay someone to do it all for you. WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA!!! Maybe next year, now that the kids are old enough, we could do that. Just the 5 of us somewhere awesome and all inclusive. Ahhh, it's good to have a goal.

No comments: